Pie in the Big Sky
November 19, 2017
As part of the ongoing development of the Glacier Discovery Square project, the First Best Place has created a youth job-training and education program, centered around practical application learning in a community kitchen.
By providing a positive, encouraging and empowering experience, the Pie Cookery at Discovery Square seeks to enhance the lives of Flathead Valley youth and cultivate in them not only some practical know-how and experience, but some perspective, as well. For both our student/interns and our customers, we hope to create an awareness of what the life of a small, community-minded business is like; particularly a food business, and how it relates to the community, the environment, the local economy, and public health and nutrition. We hope that through involvement with Cookery’s spirit of community, productivity and optimism, our young students come away with healthy attitudes and ideas that motivate them well into the future, and which they might also share with their peers, their families, and any other communities they pass through
Already, multiple businesses have stepped forward to support this effort. We’d like to say a special thanks to Montana Coffee Traders and to Meadow Lake Resort, for making significant contributions to our kitchen development.
What We’re Doing at First Best Place
November 18, 2017
The Showcase & Endowment Ball
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018
Doors at Discovery Square 5:00 pm, Dinner & Auctions @ 5:30 pm
Live Music, Dancing, and Games at CFHS, Doors @ 7:30 pm
Scroll Down to Buy Tickets
Beginning at Discovery Square, the Showcase will feature a menu by local chef Greg Dulin and a team of CFHS culinary arts students, followed by home-baked pies up for auction. Then, hold on to your hats and get ready for our Showcase auction featuring local luxury items and adventure packages. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for updates on auction packages. We’ll also have amazing door prizes and raffle items up for grabs! And for our guests who are in for a real night on the town, we’re offering shuttles to CFHS for live music by The Copper Mountain Band. Dance the night away, play old-fashioned carnival games, and enjoy a night of thrills at the Showcase & Endowment Ball!
Also Read: Evolution of Animated Movies
If you would like to volunteer, sponsor a portion of the event, or donate auction items, please call 892-1363 or reply to this email.
Click “Buy Now” to order your tickets (you can change quantities or send us a message during the checkout process). Tickets are also available for purchase at The Palette, The Shops at Station 8, and WBC. Remember, you can sign up for First Best Place membership to support our daily work AND get discounts on your Showcase tickets. Just call or email us to order your discounted tickets.
We’ll ask for your shipping address to mail your tickets to you, but if you’d like us to hold them for you at the door, please say so in the “message to seller” section.
(you can change quantities or send us a message during the checkout process)Choose from $50 for a single ticket, or enroll in Level 1 membership ($25 annually) and get two tickets for $25–that’s $50 total for 2 tickets and membership.
The Best Fallout 4 Mods For Better Gaming Experience
October 28, 2017
Finding the best Fallout 4 mods among the game’s thousands of fixes and changes can be easier said than done. This post focuses on highlighting some of the best Fallout 4 New Vegas mods released so far, based on settling, crafting, visual improvements, gameplay enhancements, locations, and the tools and utilities you’ll need to get those mods working.
Fallout: New Vegas, Most Essential Mods Released So Far
· Fallout Mod Manager – You’ll need the Mod Manager in order to get all of your mods up and running, so make sure you get this one first.
· New Vegas Script Extender – As you continue to add mods to Fallout: New Vegas, you may find that you’ll need the New Vegas Script Extender mod to ensure that all your mods can work simultaneously.
· Mod Configuration Menu – With the Mod Configuration Menu, you’ll be able to manage the page and pause to the menu, at which time you’ll be able to make changes to the game without the need for closing the game first.
Fallout: New Vegas, Best Mods Released for Game Play So Far
· New Vegas Anti-Crash – Most of you already know that Fallout is a little buggy, but with the NVAC mod, you’ll be trimming down on the game’s likelihood of crashing.
· 4GB Fallout New Vegas – Fallout: New Vegas may begin to struggle with allocations of virtual memory when you’ve got a lot of mods running. This is where the FNV4GB really comes in handy, loading the game with the Large Address Aware executable flag so that the entire 4GB of Virtual Memory Address Space can be utilized.
· Mission Mojave – Fallout: New Vegas is not a bug-free game, but thanks to the mods, it’s becoming much better as time passes. With Mission Mojave, you can enjoy over 27,000 bug fixes for the game.
Fallout: New Vegas, Best Graphical Mods Released So Far
· New Vegas Redesigned – This mod focuses on recrafting all the NPCs. Think along the lines of textured skin, clearer complexions, and adjustments to NC structures to make them look real and not as cartoony.
· Nevada Skies – The Nevada Skies mod is great for making the blue sky seem more interesting. This mod adds elements such as sandstorms, thunderstorms, and even snow to play with 320 cloud variations to choose from.
· Wasteland Flora Overhaul – With the Flora Overhaul mod, you can choose between 101 different trees and plants to add to the barren wasteland.
· ELECTRO-CITY Relighting the Wasteland – New Vegas isn’t known for bright, flashing lights, but with the ELECTRO-CITY mod, you have the power to enhance gameplay and add the bedazzlement of bright lights to your experience.
· Fallout – Popular in Fallout 3, Fallout is a great mod since it has the ability to get rid of that radiation-green filter that almost consumed the game. In New Vegas, this mod makes everything appear orange, with hot desert tones lightening up the environment.
· Essential Visual Enhancements – With the Essential Visual Enhancements mod, everything that happens in combat (such as the way a bullet gets ejected from a gun or how blood quirts when the flesh is penetrated) is enhanced, greatly. All the effects and animation that happens in combat is reanimated and overhauled to make it appear more realistic and much more violent.
· FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting – This mod is almost like Nevada Skies, adjusting the intensity of sunlight and adding some pretty weather effects, which all come together to help create a much more realistic looking the Mojave Desert.
· ENB of the Apocalypse – If you have the Realistic Wasteland Lighting mod installed, you’ve got to pair it with the ENB of the Apocalypse mod since it will help you achieve a virtual reality which can only be associated with ENBs. To make the most of this graphical enhancement mod, however, it’s also recommended that you use the NMC Texture Pack.
· HQ Dust Storm FX – We all know that Vegas is seriously susceptible to dust storms, but sometimes in Fallout: New Vegas, dust storms look more like heavy mist than actual sand. Install the HQ Dust Storm FX and you’ll see what a real sandstorm looks like. Be warned though: it’s intensive and looks like it’s the stuff nightmares are made of.
· Oxide ENB – To add an intense, colorful, and atmospheric look to the Mojave Wasteland, the Oxide ENB is a pretty neat mod to use. It’s a much more fun alternative to the ENB of Apocalypse and comes with its own weather and lighting systems, making it ideal to use as is.
· IMPACT – When it comes to the shooter elements, Fallout: New Vegas is still lacking. Compared to some of the other FPS games out there, the guns in New Vegas feel like wimps. With the IMPACT mod, all of this can be remedied. The mod alters the impact effects as bullets hit a variety of surfaces. Look out for the bullet hole decals as well as the particle effects upon impact.
While there might be an abundance of mods available for Fallout: New Vegas, we reckon that the ones we highlighted in this post are the most noteworthy, and will prove to be the most valuable additions to your gameplay! We hope that you have enjoyed reading this post and that you’ve already started downloading some of these amazing mods to forever change the way you see New Vegas.
Evolution Of Animated Movies And Technology
February 28, 2017
The world of cinema has gone through a huge transition since it began. Previously, it was just plain black and white cinema, later color came in and now we are exploring new dimensions like 3D movies and animations. Technology has played a huge role in this shift we are experiencing and definitely, it would go a long way forward too. We have also come up with IMAX screens where the visuals are just fantastic and we couldn’t have imagined it a few years ago. Let’s explore some of the future trends that the cinema world will see in the years to come.
High Tech Animation
We have seen some really cool animation in the past but the kind of technology that is brewing up will totally make the movie watching experience more exhilarating. In animation movies, the focus is completely on storytelling and doing it in a pleasant way. There is no baggage of actors and directors tuning them, animated characters will play the role as they are intended. We will see a lot of such movies coming and there will be more number of franchises for such films.
Watching Movies on the Go
We all have been stagnant in the innovation that changes our movie viewing experience apart from the usual screens we are accustomed to. With new apps launching like the ShowBox, they are certainly going to change the way we watch movies. You can know more about this app and explore how it works because this is certainly one of the ways in which a lot of people would be watching their favorite movies in the future. Watching movies on television or desktop computers will be a thing of the past once such apps start to surface and make their way into our phones.
New Dimensions to the Movies
3-dimensional movies have become common these days and much before we know, there might be new dimensions introduced as well. There are small shows happening in more dimensions, even 6D but they haven’t come to large scale movies yet. With the growing technology, it wouldn’t be surprising to see theatres that would specially be made to watch movies more than the average 2D/3D content.
New Film Genres
Although there are numerous genres of movies already existing in the cinema world, we might experience some new genres as well. Since artificial intelligence is growing up to be a huge game changer in the technological world, there might be a genre especially dedicated to such things. We have already seen movies like Her, Ex-Machina that have talked about this concept. If you haven’t had the opportunity then download MovieBox App to watch this movie. Here’s the link to their site, stream it now and witness how wonderful these futuristic movies are.
Fans of animated movies will rejoice in glory as the future holds a lot of beautiful movies for them. As the technology advances, we might see a dimension of cinema that we have never experienced before. It is only the future that will show what the world of movies is coming to.